We strongly recommend using a child theme with Starter WP.
The below will show you how to install Starter WP, without using a child theme:
- Download Starter WP to your computer. You can download it from WordPress.org or on our website.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Appearance → Themes and click Add New from the top of the screen.
- Click Upload Theme from the top of the screen.
- Click Browse, select the zip file you downloaded in step 1 and click open. Lastly, click Install Now.
- Click Activate to active Starter WP.
Tip: Installing Starter WP on a Multisite installation of WordPress? For step 2 above, go to My Sites → Network Admin → Themes.